General information on the Pillerseetal
The Pillerseetal lies in the north-east part of Tyrol, on the border between the counties of Salzburg and Bavaria. the five villages of Fieberbrunn, Hochfilzen, St Jakob in Haus, St Ulrich am Pillersee and Waidring are a year round holiday destination and are known collectively as the Pillerseetal.
The Pillerseetal offers many possibilities, an ideal holiday area for the family with picture book views but also modern, first class accomodation
- 3 ski areas, lifts also operating in summer, Fieberbrunn/Streuböden, Pillersee/Buchensteinwand, Waidring/Steinplatte
- Approx. 100km of cross country trails.
- Approx. 100km of winter walking trails
- 5 ski/snowboard schools, ski kindergarten, skihire shops and equipment servicing facilities.
- Bobo Kinderpark, tobogganrun,ice skating rink, curling, horse drawn sleigh rides, funpark.
- 2 swimming pools with sauna and wellness areas.
- Over 400km of walking trails of all levels of difficulty - from gentle walks to summit ascents up to 2500m.
- Organised walks and themed walks.
- 3 swimming lakes,2 swimming pools, 2 open air pools, various sauna facilities, wellness facilities.
- 6 riding stables, a riding school, horse drawn carriage rides.
- A variety of cycle and mountainbike tracks.
- Tennis courts
- 8 golf courses
- Numerous restaurants, mountain restaurants, snack stops, apres ski bars.
- 3 train stations (2 in Fieberbrunn, 1 in Hochfilzen)